This job is no longer accepting applications.
IT Infrastructure Manager
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Thu 31 January 2019
Closing Date: Fri 12 July 2019
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the operational requirements related to all aspects of the Sirtex information technology infrastructure and services. The primary responsibility is to manage the company's data and implement up-to-date solutions across the IT infrastructure. Further, this position is responsible for ensuring that the company's network infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets, and provide a secure platform for Sirtex's business operations.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will oversee all regional based IT Support Technician's and work closely with senior management to propose improvements to the business infrastructure and report progress on various projects.
- Direct and manage the activities of computer operations and develop systems to minimize disruption to computer operations services
- Develop estimates and task plans for ongoing development of the computer operations facility in accordance with business requirements
- Prioritize computer operations projects in consultation with others according to business requirements and available resources
- Review the production of documentation in accordance with agreed guidelines
- Liaise with representatives from other IT areas to ensure issues such as training, hardware/software acquisition, network development and technical support are proceeding in the same direction
- Guide the selection, installation and use of computing equipment and software
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new equipment, systems and programming techniques appropriate to the organisation
- Control the security of information systems
- Monitor the IT operations and develop improvements
- Assist in the selection, installation and use of computing equipment and software. Liaise with software houses and consultants on behalf of the department
- Assist in the preparation of computer budget proposals and estimate project workloads
- Ensure that help desk inquiries are logged onto the support database system
- Utilize appropriate monitoring tools to record and manage help desk inquiries and ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained
- Advise on more complex user problems by providing technical guidance to other help desk personnel
- Prepare documentation for distribution to users so they can solve frequently needed maintenance/configuration
- Develop and conduct end-user training to assist in the successful implementation of applications and maintenance of desktop systems
- Assist in the development of policy for the acquisition of new hardware and software
- Develop and manage duty rosters to ensure the skills of staff are adequate to respond to user inquiries
Education and skills requirements:
- Formal IT qualifications (Bachelor's degree or higher)
- 10 + years of IT industry experience with a background in hands on technical Systems Admin/Network Admin/Database Administration/IT Security
- Infrastructure Capacity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning (DR)
- 3 + years people management/team management of small teams and ability to grow a high performing team
- Solid knowledge of the current Microsoft stack, including O365, Azure and Identity Management
- Solid cloud knowledge, including Hybrid cloud and Azure.
- Solid knowledge of SAP ECCs
- Networking skills essential - experience with routers, switches, firewalls and access points.
- Experience with IP Telephony and related Telco integrations.
- Vendor management skills essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organisation including executive management with a passion for continuous improvement within the business
- Demonstrated strong influence management skills and ability to lead cross- functional teams and work effectively across departments.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.