Senior Accountant - Global Consolidation and Reporting
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Tue 23 July 2019
The Corporate Senior Accountant – Global Consolidation and Reporting will be responsible for the group consolidation and reporting.
At the beginning of the assignment, the person will play a key role in the transition of the Corporate consolidation function from Australia to America.
- Work with various regions to prepare the consolidated financial statements and internal management accounts monthly;
- Review balance reconciliation of key companies to ensure account balances are properly stated;
- Review to ensure intercompany balances are correctly booked, reconciled and settled correctly and timely;
- For overseas entities, review and understand the differences between statutory financials and financials reported to corporate, coordinate with global tax manager to ensure the differences have been properly accounted for in the tax filing;
- Coordinate annual audit between auditor and various regions globally;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Budget for the consolidated Group and in ad hoc business planning projects;
- Prepare statutory half yearly and yearly financial statements for the consolidated Group and assist in the external audit process;
- Review all needs and requirements of group reporting from a processing, information, and reporting perspective given the move of head office to America;
- Ensure successful transition of all relevant corporate accounting functions within given timeframe;
- Ensure all external audit requirements are met and the transition does not affect timely completion of statutory full-year and half-year accounts;
- Assist with the change in reporting period to calendar years;
- Assist in the change of functional currency from AUD to USD;
- Other ad-hoc assignments.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in account, CPA qualification is strongly preferred;
- Big 4 or leading public accounting background and minimum of six years’ total work experience;
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley experience will be highly desirable;
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills;
- Strong ERP system experience preferred, ideally with SAP;
- Superior analytical skills and attention to details;
- Excellent time management and project management skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Training and Policy Requirements:
- Undergo all formal training, as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com