This job is no longer accepting applications.
Regional Sales Manager - Brazil
Region: Latin America
Advertising Date: Tue 28 May 2019
Closing Date: Fri 22 November 2019
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the main interface between Sirtex and its direct and indirect customers. The RSM’s primary function is to help Sirtex achieve its sales objectives by prospecting and initiating new accounts and servicing existing accounts. The RSM is responsible for all aspects of account management, including but not limited to: collaborating with distributor to ensure on time treatments, customer training, problem solving, and assisting the account on any and all needs. This position will also help develop a referral network of oncologists, through oncology training, education of oncology physicians and health care practitioners and driving patient referrals from oncologists to treating interventional radiologists within SIR Spheres using hospitals. The RSM has ultimate account responsibility as well as the responsibility to meet a pre-determined sales quota. This position also helps Sirtex achieve its regulatory requirements by conveying customer needs and requirements and reporting any incidents or product complaints.
- Develop and implement account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in sales within assigned territory
- presentations and training to educate health care professionals
- Deliver selling presentations – including on site product demonstrations to physicians and other health care professionals
- Develop an understanding of the market unique to assigned territory.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states and the ever changing business environment.
- Continuously educate oneself on the newest and most relevant clinical articles that impact Sirtex
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital that are key to Sirtex
- Cultivate and develop key relationships with Health Care Providers (HCP’s) that manage patient candidates
- Compliance with internal and external good business practice guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by the management
- Complete extensive overnight travel in many instances
- Execute business meetings with HCP’s
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical / medical device / biotechnology sales and marketing
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of people ranging from patients to health care professionals
- Residence in Brazil with the ability to maintain a home-based office
- Demonstrate consistent sales success over time
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory for which you are assigned
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements
- Travel 50 – 65% which can include weekends/holidays as needed
- Physical requirements include: Sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Excellent Written/verbal communication skills
- Sirtex internal processes
- As agreed by Director - Latin America