This job is no longer accepting applications.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate
Location: Woburn; MA
Advertising Date: Mon 03 June 2019
Closing Date: Wed 24 July 2019
The Account Receivable Associate will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of customer accounts. They will be responsible for contacting customers in regards to outstanding balances, as well as account discrepancies. The Accounts Receivable Associate will actively promote internal process improvement, and provide support to the Finance Team to drive the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Accountable for reducing delinquent accounts via collection calls, statement distribution, and processing any adjustments as necessary.
- Places daily collection calls, initiates written correspondence to customers, and records such correspondence within aging report.
- Provides customers with documentation such as order forms, purchase orders, & POD's.
- Responsible for direct mailing of invoices, as well as electronic submission methods as required by customers.
- Audits customer accounts and verifies for accuracy and legitimacy.
- Reconciles customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances.
- Maintain customer accounts by processing refunds, review account adjustments, resolving discrepancies and short payments.
- Communicate, follow up, and effectively work with Customer Service and Sales to ensure timely receipt of documents pertaining to customer accounts and order.
- Provide highest-level customer service regarding collection and customer accounts issues by responding to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the billing/collection process.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with direct manager regarding customer accounts.
- Create and manage weekly and monthly aging reports.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end account reconciliations, as well as journal entries pertaining to Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with half-year and year-end audit requirements.
- Backup and assist cash receipts posting, including check deposits and receipt application in SAP.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System Requirements
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Associate’s degree preferred with 3 plus years high volume corporate collections experience.
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures.
- Basic understanding of Accounting principles.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Accounting Software Packages such as Oracle, SAP and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Professional and Ethical
- Research/Analysis Skills
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com