Global Director of Business Development
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Mon 10 June 2019
The Global Director, Business Development recommends and executes strategies to identify, assess, and pursue new business opportunities. She/he will map the landscape and lay the groundwork for acquisition, licensing and collaboration strategies. This will include developing business cases for opportunities, including conducting research and analysis to vet and validate ideas and opportunities. She/he will be deliver presentations to the Senior Leadership Team to communicate new business opportunities on a regular basis and lead the review, negotiation, structuring, and closing of deals.
- Assist in the development of the Sirtex global strategy with respect to inorganic growth.
- Identify, develop and pursue opportunities that enable the growth of the business and that are within Sirtex's strategy.
- Provide recommendations regarding potential technological and growth gaps for the business.
- Collaborate with business leaders and other functions to assess new business opportunities.
- Scan and scout for potential new business opportunities based on insight of unmet customer and market needs (for example licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution/development/supply agreements, IP, co-promoting, divestitures, and auctions).
- Gather and communicate intelligence by reading published literature, patents, press releases, attending conferences and trade shows, networking, and seeking other sources of intelligence.
- Develop and utilize screening criteria, models, and tools to assess new business opportunities.
- Identify and articulate critical assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Develop business cases for new opportunities.
- Oversee marketplace analysis and assessment using financial and forecasting models.
- Utilize research to analyze, vet and validate ideas.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external targets aligned to business opportunities.
- Partner with internal business partners including R&D, Marketing and Finance.
- Deliver oral and written presentations to senior management to communicate new business opportunities.
- Lead the due diligence, negotiation, structuring, and closing of transactions.
- Coordinate the integration of new businesses and assets through the leadership of a cross-functional team.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System Requirements
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Minimum education: MBA or advanced degree and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in strategy/business development roles in the medical device, pharmaceutical or health care industry
- Experience of having worked on closing deals and transactions in the industry.
- Hands-on experience developing financial models for business development transactions
- Proficiency in related software tools
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive, flexible individual with high integrity and ethics in all dealings.
What you can expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
How to apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at email@example.com.