This job is no longer accepting applications.
Payroll and Accounting Associate
Location: Woburn Ma
Advertising Date: Wed 12 June 2019
Closing Date: Tue 23 July 2019
The Payroll/Accounting Clerk will work closely with the Finance Staff on performing day to day accounting functions by processing payroll, verifying employee expense reports and recording customer payments and deposits all within a timely manner. The Payroll/Accounting Associate will actively promote internal process improvement and provide financial support to all entities to drive the achievement of business objectives.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll using Paylocity payroll system.
- Process paycheck adjustments, reconciling discrepancies and posting adjustment in payroll system.
- Manages updating/maintenance of employee data in the Payroll system, including new hires and terminations.
- Manage employee paid time off balances.
- Responsible for calculating and processing monthly sales commissions.
- Responsible for managing and calculating employee profit sharing contributions.
- Manages employee deferred compensation contributions and withdrawals.
- Facilitate the input of payroll entries into the G/L.
- Perform various account reconciliation, and General Ledger support.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Solve problems concerning payroll, answers inquiries, and enforces payroll policies.
- Handle payroll deductions and wage garnishment.
- Responsible for all employment verification.
- Assist in development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency.
- Prepare Ad Hoc reports as deemed necessary by management.
- Year-end processing including W-2 auditing and balancing.
- Responsible for CMS Open Payments/Sunshine Reporting requirements.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE:
- Receives incoming customer payments and reconciles for posting.
- Assist with the mailing of customer invoices.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE:
- Assists with the payment and mailing of vendor invoices via checks, electronic media, and HSBC online banking.
- Assists with audit and entry of expense reports through Concur and SAP accounting system.
- Assists with completion of Form 1099 for all eligible vendors.
- Assists with the filing of AP and AR materials.
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System Requirements
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Requires an Associate degree in a business discipline with 5 years of experience.
- Multi-State Payroll, as well as some Global Payroll Experience.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Able to build rapport with other staff.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Broad knowledge of accounting, GAAP, and international accounting standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org