This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Mon 15 July 2019
Closing Date: Mon 19 August 2019
The Finance Associate will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations and clerical needs of the Finance Department. They will work closely with each member of the finance team, by providing assistance with entering invoices, collections, cash application, and other daily finance functions. The Finance Associate will actively promote internal process improvement, and provide support to the Finance Team to drive the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Assist Accounts Payable with daily and monthly duties. Including but not limited to: coding and entering invoices, processing mail, and filling paperwork.
- Provide support as needed for obtaining approvals, responding to Vendors, and obtaining appropriate paperwork for processing invoices.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with mailing invoices, statements, and responding to Customers inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with providing customers with documentation such as order forms, purchase orders, & POD's.
- Assist with cash receipts posting, including check deposits and receipt application in SAP.
- Responsible for providing general support and clerical duties to the Finance Department, such as managing filing, mailings, and organization of files.
- Assist the Finance Supervisor with month-end and year-end account reconciliations, as well as journal entries.
- Assist with half-year and year-end audit requirements.
- Assist with preparation of 1099s Vendor and Physician filing.
- Assist with preparation of Sales and Use Tax filling.
- Other accounting and finance functions, reports, or projects as assigned.
- Communicate, follow up, and effectively work with other departments as needed
- Undergo all formal training, as may be directed from time-to-time
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Entry Level 0 to 2 years' experience.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or recent Bachelor's degree graduate.
- Basic understanding of Accounting principles.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at email@example.com