SIR-Spheres®Y-90 resin microspheres
- are directly targeting liver tumours via the hepatic artery
- minimise exposure to the remaining healthy liver tissue
Due to their relatively low density of 1.1 g/mL, SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres
- travel with the blood stream
- are taken deep into the tumour microvasculature where they become lodged.
SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres can therefore be delivered in a slow deliberate manner
- to achieve an even distribution
- to maximize the number of microspheres delivered,
- to optimize tumour coverage - even in patients with extensive disease.