This job is no longer accepting applications.
Human Resource Manager - APAC
Region: Asia Pacific
Advertising Date: Wed 08 September 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Human Resource Manager will lead a team across the APAC region to drive HR strategies in support of evolving business needs. As part of the global HR management team, you work closely with the HR team and various SLT members to develop policies around benefits, compensation and drive the Sirtex culture across the region and expanding markets.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Partner with leadership on global expansion into emerging markets
- Build/shape the HR function across the 2 regions while partnering closely with local HR leadership in Australia and China.
- Ensure HR operations comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and reflect best practices
- Remuneration and Benefits Management – Conduct a complete benchmark review of all salaries and benefits against market trends and conditions.
- Work with the finance team to maintain employee benefits programs.
- Responsible for the full HR spectrum such as talent acquisition, employee relations, talent development & management, compensation & benefits, performance management and other HR related matters
- Provide HR advisory / counsel to the management team seated across the region, namely in China, Singapore and Australia, and personnel across the region
- Work with Global HR Centre of Excellence in adapting / implementing HR strategies in support of business & expansion plans
- Lead HR projects for Asia Pacific, in partnership with Global HR
- Plan and implementation the delivery of HR strategies and policies
- Hands-on involvement in HR operations
- Take the lead in strengthening staff cohesion and team building
- Work collaboratively with HR Business Partners across different regions in progressing overall people agenda
- Participate in Group level HR initiatives and blueprints
- Develop best practice human resource programs and procedures to support the local business
EDUCATIONAL PREREQUISITES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 15 years progressive HR experience
- A degree from a recognized university - preferably in HR or business related field
- Proven HR leader with strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with senior management in all parts of the organization
- Fluency in Chinese read/write/speak
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Working experience in Medical Device, Biotech or Pharma
- Well versed with most (if not all) of the following HR functions: Policy/Processes, Workforce planning, Talent acquisition, development & retention, rewards, performance management and employee engagement.
- Sound knowledge of Singapore's employment legislation and regulations
- Comfort in dealing with stakeholders especially senior level executives
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Abiltiy to travel 35% post Covid
What You Can Expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets