Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Thu 22 July 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Staff Accountant will primarily be responsible for providing support throughout the monthly financial statement close process by working closely with each member of the finance team as well as entering vendor invoices, customer collections and cash applications, and other daily finance functions. The Staff Accountant will actively promote internal process improvement, and provide support to the Finance Team to drive the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Support the month-end close process, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and accruals, verifying accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors where necessary.
- Responsible for cash receipts posting, including check deposits and receipt application in SAP.
- Reconcile bank statements daily in SAP, communicating outstanding items to applicable finance team members, posting adjusting entries as needed in a timely manner.
- Assist Accounts Payable with daily and monthly duties, including but not limited to: coding and entering invoices, processing mail, and filing paperwork.
- Provide support as needed for obtaining approvals, responding to Vendors, and obtaining appropriate paperwork for processing invoices.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with mailing invoices, statements, and responding to Customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing general support and clerical duties to the Finance Department, such as managing filing, mailings, and organization of files.
- Assist with half-year and year-end audit requirements.
- Assist with preparation of Sales and Use Tax filings.
- Other accounting and finance functions, reports, or projects as assigned.
- Communicate, follow up, and effectively work with other departments as needed.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill requirements
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or private industry required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts.
- Knowledgeable in SAP preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to manage work-load and prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, & standing for prolonged amount of time
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets