Key Account Manager - Northern Germany
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Northern Germany
Advertising Date: Fri 30 July 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
- Develop an understanding of the unique market and implement account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in sales within assigned territory.
- Deliver selling presentations promoting Sirtex Products – including on site product demonstrations- to targeted physician groups and other health care professionals (interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine practitioners, oncologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons).
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital and surrounding referral area that are key elements to Sirtex’s success.
- Organize peer-to-peer educational meetings and trainings to educate-influence multidisciplinary health care professionals to use the product.
- Positively influence clinicians, key opinion leaders/influencers and other multidisciplinary stakeholders to generate or increase product awareness, uptake and use.
- Understand, interpret and promote relevant clinical data to support the uptake and use of the product amongst multidisciplinary hospital specialists.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment.
- Participation in national and international congresses and organization of local medical educational events.
- Support and assist, where appropriate, third party business partners engaged in clinical trial or other programs.
- Have a clear understanding of health/product reimbursement related to Sirtex.
- Understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices/pharmaceuticals in the assigned territory.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (Pharmacology, Nursing, Business Administration, other related).
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the medical sales field in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical devices industries; of which at least 2 years have been exclusively in a specialised hospital environment targeting consultants.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in medical processes in oncology, gastroenterology or hepatology are essential.
- Good existing relationships with interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine, oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in the assigned territory at the hospital level.
- Experience of strategic selling with high value products
- Experience of key opinion leader development
- Demonstrate consistent sales success over time
- Good communication skills and a straight service-, success- and sales-oriented mentality with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Native speaker of local language.
- Advanced level of English language (written and spoken).
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory of scope.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.