Market Access Senior Manager UK
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Advertising Date: Fri 03 September 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Market Access Senior Manager UK & Ireland is responsible for both tactical and strategic Health Economics, Reimbursement and Market Access delivery of in-market (currently SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres) and pipeline Sirtex products primarily in UK & Ireland, however with an expectation to support wider HEPRA team initiatives as required.
The Reimbursement and Market Access Senior Manager UK & Ireland will define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy for the UK and Ireland markets. There is a clear expectation of engaging with and ensuring successful negotiations with local/regional and national payors and payor organizations across UK & Ireland. This role also requires the development and implementation of required materials and content to achieve optimal market access and reimbursement for the Sirtex portfolio in UK & Ireland. There may also be the need to support other reimbursement/funding activities outside UK & Ireland within the EMEA/ International region.
This is a highly accountable and prominent position in Sirtex which requires engagement, partnership and interaction with colleagues at all levels throughout the Sirtex matrix organization. Of paramount importance to success in the role is close partnership working with cross-functional team colleagues at both regional and country level. The candidate should be extremely proactive and highly willing to engage both internally and externally and lead regarding providing successful market access solutions and developing Sirtex’s profile amongst oncology stakeholders of all types. The role demands strong project management experience and confidence in shaping, recommending and implementing strategy and initiatives for UK & Ireland across Sirtex’s matrix teams.
- Takes personal responsibility for and demonstrates a high level of understanding of and adherence to the applicable internal policies, including but not limited to our Code of Ethics.
- Adheres to business conduct and other policies applicable to the role, and external laws and regulations governing activities.
- Exhibits high business ethics standard in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with others honestly and openly, showing accountability, being reliable and trustworthy and being loyal to the company.
- Completes all required compliance and ethics related training within required timelines.
- Encourages a high level of understanding of and adherence to compliance and ethics amongst colleagues and third parties.
- Fully co-operates in any internal and external audits, investigations and inspections.
- Secure funding for in-market and pipeline Sirtex products across UK & Ireland at both national and sub-national levels. Support local teams in reimbursement/funding discussions by liaising closely with prioritized funding bodies and hospital controlling departments to understand and overcome funding hurdles at account level.
- Define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy and tactics for Sirtex portfolio in UK & Ireland, taking into account market insights, dynamics and further factors over the short, medium and long term.
- Ensure strong alignment between regional business plans and reimbursement and market access activities.
- Leverage the information contained within all Sirtex data sources as well as secondary research to synthesise compelling value arguments specifically to the UK & Ireland markets.
- Maintain a deep knowledge and mapping of UK & Ireland payor environment, stakeholders and processes for both current and future Sirtex product lifecycles.
- Maintain knowledge around Sirtex competitor payor messaging and strategy.
- Identify, design and utilise as required supporting materials to optimise funding negotiations across UK & Ireland.
- Provide input into the European/ International reimbursement strategy securing UK & Irelands needs.
- Identify and proactively communicate internally of actionable data gap development
- Develop and maintain effective networks with payor stakeholders.
- Listens, collects and communicates actionable insights in a systematic way from key (payer) stakeholders, decision makers, competitors, and market trends to shape the value proposition and access strategy for UK & Ireland.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders at local, regional and if required global level.
- Ensure strong alignment between Reimbursement & Market Access and R&D on current and future evidence generation.
- Effectively champion the payer value agenda with internal stakeholders.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system requirements.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the scientific data that underpins the clinical benefits of Sirtex products and comparator treatments.
- Develop reference knowledge of related health economic and clinical literature; seek to understand changing customer requirements and the implications of these to support market access throughout the life cycle in key markets.
- Maintain and deepen a sound understanding of relevant Reimbursement & Market Access criteria and the likely payer perception of the product value proposition for Sirtex products in new indications in UK & Ireland.
Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external):
- Provide input into the EMEA/ International reimbursement strategy securing UK & Ireland
- Proactively contribute to HEPRA and wider company meetings/requests.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the internal multidisciplinary regional colleagues.
- Work with regional and global marketing colleagues and selected clinical KOLs and payers in strategic advisory activities as required.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments, to support global and regional activities and to maintain relationships and dialogue opportunities with external stakeholders.
- Become recognised as a go to source across Sirtex for market access and policy issues influencing the UK & Ireland environment, supporting development of colleagues and wider teams.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Life science industry background. MSc in an economic discipline preferred. Professional qualifications in one of the following areas would be desirable but not essential: Economics; Health Economics; Health Policy; Healthcare Management etc.
- In-depth understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices in UK & Ireland.
- Experience of oncology therapy area desirable but not essential.
- Strong understanding of Health Economic principles and the ability to assimilate and simplify data and concepts effectively that are credible and resonate with payers.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in UK & Ireland.
- Well-connected with national and regional payors in UK & Ireland.
- First-hand experience of negotiating for funding on a high level with payors in UK & Ireland.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ Market Access experience from the UK & Ireland market.
- Strong project management skills, team orientation and own drive.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets