Accounts Receivable Specialist
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Bonn Germany
Advertising Date: Fri 03 September 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The accounts receivable specialist will provide financial accounting support to Sirtex entities in the EMEA economic region as an expert in receivables management in accordance with applicable laws, codes, statues, rules, and regulations. Working closely with the Finance Director EMEA and the Finance Team on performing day to day accounting functions in a timely manner. Actively promotes receivables management process improvement and provides support to all entities to drive the achievement of business objectives.
- Receivables Collection
- Ownership of the accounts receivable process.
- Responsible for managing DSO via collection calls, sending statements, and processing any adjustments as necessary.
- Track and resolve outstanding payment issues.
- Place daily collection calls, initiates written correspondence to customers, and records such correspondence within aging report.
- Audit customer accounts and verifyies for accuracy and legitimacy.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances.
- Maintain customer accounts by processing refunds, review account adjustments, resolving discrepancies and short payments.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the billing/collection process.
- Backup and assist cash receipts posting, including check deposits in SAP.
- Process of daily bank account statements.
- Provide clerical support to Finance Department when necessary.
- Participating in all other projects as directed by the International Accountant EMEA.
- Commercial Apprenticeship or certified accountant.
- 5 years of international professional experience in corporate collection.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP R/3 (FI).
- High level of negotiation skills and assertiveness.
- Confident communication on the phone with customers abroad.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional and ethical attitude.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How To Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in German and all relevant certificates to email@example.com.
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets