The ESMO and NCCN guidelines recommend SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres for treatment of chemotherapy refractory or intolerant mCRC.
ESMO 2016 consensus guideline
SIR-Spheres Y90 resin microspheres are recommended:1
- for mCRC patients with liver-limited disease failing the available chemotherapeutic options
- as ‘consolidation treatment’ in earlier treatment lines (limited to clinical trials)
It may also currently be a good alternative in patients who are potential candidates for resection, but display a small future liver remnant (FLR) volume.2
The evidence for the ESMO recommendation on radioembolisation is based on clinical studies using SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres.3
NCCN v1. 2017 Clinical Practice Guidelines
SIR-Spheres Y90 resin microspheres are recommended for colon and rectal cancer, as an option in highly selected patients with chemo-refractory/ resistant disease and with predominant hepatic metastases.4
1. Van Cutsem E et al. Annals of Oncology 2016; 27: 1386–1422.
2. Garlipp B et al. Hepatology 2014; 59:1864-1873.
3. Hendlisz A et al J Clin Oncol 2010; 28:3687-3694.
4. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Colon Cancer Version 1, 2017.