Sr . Manager, Med Training and Clinical Research
Posted Date: 07/19/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Mandarin Speaking Sr Manager, Medical Affairs and Education to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
The role of the Sr Manager, Medical Affairs and Education is to oversee all aspects of planning and execution of education programs in China as well as focusing on supporting clinical applications. You’ll engage with healthcare providers, providing fair and balanced (non-promotional) education, and scientific exchange. Provide therapeutic and product expertise for your region and other Medical Affairs and clinical development needs. This individual will oversee all key administrative activities and logistics associated with the physician proctor program as well. This role will be in the US and will be remote.
- Oversee the planning and successful execution of education programs for China.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the key stakeholders and physician educators.
- Introduce new and innovative activities designed to enhance Sirtex’s physician education program.
- Supervise all administrative and logistical aspects of the proctor program in close collaboration with commerical leadership and the medical team.
- Maintain and update all files for treating physician training records (Form 102) and proctoring activities as well as facilitate new proctor's approval process.
- Collaborate with members of the medical team to ensure proctor training occurs regularly and that all presentations are regularly updated and approved through the appropriate channels within the organization.
- Identify gaps in proctoring and clinical application and work with medical team to find appropriate solutions.
- Supporting Sirtex China clinical specialist team by providing medical insight to Y90 therapy.
- Be the point person to gather expert opinions sought by China Team and users
- Ensure that all educational activities follow the Sirtex compliance guidelines as well as those provided by the government.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance to regularly review and establish industry/specialty specific compensation guidelines for the physician proctors and educators.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states, clinical data and the ever changing business environment.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with our proctors, educators and other key opinion leaders.
- Support all other duties assigned by management.
Who You’ll Be
- Life science related masters degree required and a Ph.D or MD is ideal
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in either pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a variety of audiences.
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin is required.
- Self-starter that will drive innovation, creativity and resourcefulness to create meaningful educational opportunities.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills to support future decisions and updates need to the educational initiatives and programs.
- Confident in presenting in front of large groups and updating management with some regularity.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels.
- Highly organized, exhibiting meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive, flexible individual with high integrity and ethics in all dealings.
- Eager to learn, enthused by the day and resilient with a sense of humor.
- Excellent team player with strong rapport skills, ability to style shift with various personality styles.
Training and Policy Requirements
- Undergo all formal training, as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure. Employee benefits reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- International travel will be required.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.