Senior Director for Outcomes, RWE & Registries
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 09/14/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Senior Director for Outcomes Research & Registries to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Director for Outcomes Research & Registries plays a vital role in Medical/Clinical Affairs and will support the development and implementation of research strategies to provide supplementary evidence and long-term follow-up for Sirtex products and therapeutic areas of interest. The role offers opportunities to develop and execute innovative initiatives that can have a meaningful impact. The Senior Director reports to the CMO, EVP Medical Affairs and Clinical Affairs.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities and organizational skills; be comfortable picking up new skills, and working in a flexible, dynamically changing, and challenging environment. Remotely based candidates will be considered. In this role, you'll:
Contribute significantly to the development of global epidemiological forecasting and strategy for the Sirtex current and expanded portfolio.
Critically review of epidemiologic literature to achieve research goals; systematically review and prepare critical summaries. In collaboration with the Clinical Development team, actively engage in the development of the protocol design for all company sponsored trials. Lead the development, management, and analysis of global multi-year registries. In collaboration with Clinical evaluate IIT protocols for scientific merit.
Work effectively across teams to communicate about disease occurrence, patient journey and biology of disease.
Plan and coordinate scientific dissemination of epidemiology data in consultation with internal partners and external stakeholders.
Contribute to cross-functional activities as epidemiologist representative.
Identify outcomes research-related evidence needs and develop strategic plans and tactics for outcomes research in new product development.
Provide analytical and consultative support to HEOR-related activities, including large healthcare database research for development of value evidence strategies.
Interact with internal teams to provide insights into health technology assessment requirements and guide execution of outcome research data collection.
Who You’ll Be
PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field
10+ years of advanced training or relevant experience, preferably in industry
Prior experience in developing global registries, prospective and retrospective studies.
4+ years of people management experience
Sound methodological training in epidemiology, biostatistics, outcomes research, data science or related area relevant to observational and interventional research.
Familiarity with evidence generation requirements for payers and/or health technology assessments.
Exceptional attention to detail, ability to think critically, and effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Excellent and effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills; medical writing experience beneficial
Flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, able to prioritize, and able to manage/progress a large volume of work with minimal supervision individually and as part of a cross-functional team.
What to expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day!