This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Director of Medical/Clinical Affairs Operations and Strategy
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 10/28/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization. We are seeking an experienced Sr Director, Operations and Strategy (Medical & Clinical Affairs).
What You’ll Do
The Senior Director of Operations and Strategy role is an integral part of the Medical Affairs & Clinical Affairs Leadership Team (MACA LT). This individual will ensure that resources are applied in line with critical priorities. This individual will play a significant role in designing and building the medical operations team to ensure that medical affairs can deliver on key tactics, including data generation and scientific engagement. The Senior Director will lead and facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional communication and alignment of key initiatives, such as driving innovation, operational excellence, prioritization, and resource optimization, along with key analytics and insights to inform short and long-term business strategies. This person will be accountable for leading the leadership team’s overall governance and business planning, including planning calendar, talent and culture development, and critical strategic events throughout the year.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support collaboration, planning, and execution of MACA through implementing an inclusive and comprehensive approach to meeting, decision-making, and resource allocation among the LT
- Acting as a key strategic thought partner for the MACA LT. Proactively highlighting issues and opportunities for the business and lead the follow-up action planning
- Enabling an inclusive, empowered, and curious culture through feedback forums, learning opportunities, and ongoing insight gathering
- Leading a team responsible for strategic insights, planning, and operations
- Gathering and synthesize insights from primary and secondary research, data analytics, customer-facing team insights, and other available metrics
- Creating and maintaining key performance indicators and reporting dashboards to drive continuous learning and improvement in collaboration with the MACA LT and other leaders across the organization
- Planning and implementation of the strategy that will include budget management, headcount, and other relevant business operations in partnership with the MACA LT and aligned with the corporate planning function
- Overseeing compliant and efficient operations supporting data generation (Phase IV, HEOR, RWE), investigator-sponsored trials (ISTs), grants & education, advisory boards, fair market valuation, congress logistics, field operations, and other operational requirements as needed
- Representing MACA when EVP is not present at cross-functional and regional governance meetings, pivotal initiatives, and project or portfolio reviews. In this capacity, will also sit on compliance committees and implementation of SOPs and training
- Providing insightful analyses and recommendations to support the company's strategic directions. Look internally and externally to sample best practices and ensure we are at the forefront of those practices.
- Providing leadership to support field medical deployment, medical expert engagement strategy and planning, data gap and generation strategies, and operations integration, enablement, and accountability
- Working with EVP, managing activities of MACA, planning calendar, talent and culture development, and strategic events throughout the year
- Tracking and managing resources, including headcount, organizational structure and, partner with Finance, Legal & Human Resources. Ensure organizational structure and capability meet the strategic priorities for near-term and long-term
Who You’ll Be
Because our patient always come first, we seek the highest caliber candidates with the following background and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in medical and/or clinical functions within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or PharmD strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in Contracts and Vendor Selection.
- Budgetary management experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A track record of building strong partnerships and cross-functional collaborations. Must exhibit inclusive peer leadership skills and an ability to influence without authority. Prior leadership experience is required.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Skilled at clearly communicating the insight as well as the implications and recommendations distilled from the analysis
- Strong project management experience with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- New product launch experience desired
- Sense of Humor: We take our patients and our science seriously but not ourselves.
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to a comprehensive total employee compensation Program that reflects progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our Program includes an award winning and extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged periods, possible radiation exposure.
- Willingness to:
- Participate in all relevant formal training events.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions, and other quality systems.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to health, safety, and environmental management system procedures, instructions, and other necessary factors.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, I accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.