Senior Director Evidence Generation Strategy
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 07/28/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization and we're seeking an experienced Sr Director Evidence Generation Strategy (EGS) & Scientific Communications.
What You’ll Do
The Sr Director Evidence Generation Strategy (EGS) & Scientific Communications is responsible for assisting in the development, execution, and assessment of a high-quality EGS and scientific communications for Sirtex. She or he plays a key role in the development and implementation of Medical Affairs strategy and planning to support overall cross-functional team objectives. They will work closely with colleagues within the Medical Affairs group as well as across Clinical Development, Business Development, Health Economics, Pricing, Reimbursement & Market Access and Clinical Operations. This role will also work with external stakeholders including HCPs, vendors, consultants. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, pays meticulous attention to detail, has outstanding oral and written communication skills, and is adept at translating complex scientific concepts into a concise and compelling format for both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, you’ll work with members of the Medical Affairs team to devise and implement a robust EGS infrastructure. You’ll lead publication strategy and conference planning, editing of abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts to support our clinical programs
- Lead all scientific and medical communications, including development of materials such as medical education, training, scientific communications platform, lexicon, FAQs in alignment with medical imperatives
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange with KOLs, investigators, and other relevant clinicians to educate and advance the scientific/medical dialogue regarding our multiple facets of our disease states
- Provide medical insight, strategy, and leadership in cross-functional teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders as well as with external consultants or vendors to develop or support the development of medical and scientific materials
- Lead or co-lead efforts with cross-functional partners including patient engagement and business operations in support of key internal strategic imperatives
- Attend medical conferences representing Medical Affairs, lead meetings at conferences, develop materials for conferences/symposia
- Lead interactions with key societies, establish or build relationships for strategic collaborations; maintain regular communication with contacts at key societies
- Manage external vendors/consultants to ensure high-quality deliverables within budget and on time
- Develop materials for advisory boards including agendas, slide decks, and summary reports in conjunction with Clinical Development
- Lead medical training for internal staff (field colleagues, medical information, and others) on disease states
- Manage submission through content management systems and ensure timely review by contingencies
- Adherence to GPP guidelines, ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals, and other relevant guidelines.
Who You’ll Be
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in participating in creating evidence generation strategies for a medical device or pharma manufacturer
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with leadership of multiple functions within an organization, learn strategic information to inform a strategy, and summarize that information and report it back to company leadership and key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor with aspirations to be a people manager
- Experience working in the medical device or pharma industries
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex scientific concepts concisely and to translate concepts to meet the needs of different audiences (eg., HCPs, Medical Societies, etc.
- Outstanding work ethic and integrity
- Outstanding ability to work with cross-functional teams as well as external experts
- Self-motivated and able to progress a large volume of work with minimal supervision both individually and within the context of a cross-functional team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility to learn new skills, adapt within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, work without having the complete picture, and handle uncertainty
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed and on weekends
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Compensation and Benefits
Sirtex Medical has been named a best-in-class employer in the United States after scoring in the top quartile of large and midsize employers who participated in Gallagher’s 2021 Benefits Strategy & Benchmarking Survey. Sirtex was recognized as an organization that provides innovative solutions for creating organizational structures, workplace policies and total rewards, which inclusively engage and motivate its employees.
Gallagher’s Best-in-Class awards recognize employers that excel in supporting their employees’ physical, emotional, career and financial wellbeing for better organizational outcomes. “The HR team and I are passionate about creating a culture that cares about you and your family’s wellbeing,” said Sirtex Chief Human Resources Officer Cathleen Lowndes. “Our benefit program in the US is special and something I think we can all be proud of. While we still have opportunities to continue investing, we have made several noteworthy upgrades in the past few years.”
Recent upgrades to U.S. Benefits at Sirtex include:
- Implemented Flexible Work Policy
- Added domestic partner benefits
- Provide adoption assistance resources
- Upgraded our EAP program to provide you more mental health/wellness options
- Purchased a la carte hearing benefit
- Evolved our leave policies to be inclusive
- Added an additional medical plan to lower medical premium costs passed on to you
- Launched Own Your Career – $4000/per employee for professional development
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged periods, possible radiation exposure.
- Willingness to:
- Participate in all relevant formal training events.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions, and other quality systems.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to health, safety, and environmental management system procedures, instructions, and other necessary factors.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, I accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.