Senior Director of Clinical Research
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 07/28/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Senior Director of Clinical Research to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
Sirtex is seeking a Senior Director of Clinical Research to lead clinical trial strategy and execution, and to help build the Clinical Development team as we grow and expand. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and knowledgeable Physician/Scientist who will implement clinical development strategies and execution of clinical studies for the growing Sirtex intertumoral therapies by leveraging an understanding of the Interventional Radiology disease landscape, unmet clinical need, competitive intelligence, and other salient factors.
Reporting into the Vice President of Clinical Development, the Senior Director of Clinical Research will act as the medical and scientific expert on relevant programs and will collaborate closely with internal project team leads and cross-functional team members to apply emerging data and information to build, revise or update and execute the development strategy as appropriate. We are seeking candidates excited to ramp up quickly in a fast-paced environment, and who are interested in working across multiple Oncology therapeutic areas.
- Function as medical expert on one or more Sirtex clinical development programs
- Provide medical and scientific expertise into clinical development and protocol writing activities
- Serve as expert medical and scientific point of contact for regulatory and ethics committee interactions
- Plan and participate in data analysis and creation of key study-related outputs such as clinical study reports and publications
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as key opinion leaders
- Serve as medical monitor on relevant clinical trials
- Under the auspices of the VP Clinical Development build, train, and mentor the Clinical Development function as we grow.
Who You’ll Be
- MD or Equivalent
- 6+ years of clinical experience at a pharmaceutical, CRO or biotechnology company
- Experience in clinical trials
- Combination products, 510K and PMA experience is a plus
- Knowledge of data analysis and interpretation as and understanding of clinical development safety and pharmacovigilance principles
What to Expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day!