Key Account Manager - Belgium
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Brussels (remote)
Posted Date: 08/11/2022
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Key Account Manager – Belgium (KAM) is the main interface between Sirtex and its customers. The KAM’s primary function is to help Sirtex achieve its sales objectives by prospecting and initiating qualified new accounts and servicing existing accounts. The KAM is responsible for all aspects of account management, including but not limited to; accounts receivable where payment problems are encountered, training, problem solving, and assisting the account on all needs.
The KAM has ultimate responsibility to drive key accounts on the assigned territory. The main focuses are market development within a multidisciplinary environment including Digestive Oncology, Hepatology, Surgical Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine as well as SIR-Spheres user physicians to assist, train and serve in line with SIRTEX policy and requirements. This position also helps Sirtex achieve its regulatory requirements by conveying customer needs and requirements and reporting any incidents or product complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (Pharmacology, Nursing, Business Administration, other related)
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the medical sales field in the biotech, medical devices or pharmaceutical industries; of which at least 2 years have been exclusively in a specialized hospital environment targeting consultants
- Good existing relationships with GI oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons would be valued assets .
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Belgium at the hospital level.
- Experience of strategic selling with high value products
- Experience of key opinion leader development
- Good communication skills and a strong service-, success- and sales-oriented mentality with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in Flemish and French with good command of English language (written and spoken).
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (Pharmacology, Nursing, Business Administration, other related).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the medical sales field in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices industries; of which at least 2 years have been exclusively in a specialized hospital environment targeting consultants.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in medical processes in oncology, gastroenterology or hepatology are essential.
- Good existing relationships with GI oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and liver surgeons would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Germany at the hospital level.
- Experience in strategic selling with high-value products.
- Experience in key opinion leader development.
- Demonstrate consistent sales success over time.
- Good communication skills and a straight service-, success- and sales-oriented mentality with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Native speaker of the local language.
- Advanced level of English language (written and spoken).
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory of scope.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference in the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefits packages that are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting and likely the right challenge for you, we look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org
Within your application, please inform us regarding your notice period and salary expectations.