IT Helpdesk Support Technician
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 09/02/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced IT Support Technician to help us with our growth.
What You'll Do
As an IT Support Technician you will:
- Proficiency administering Windows Clients.
- Proficiency with a variety of PC Technician tasks.
- Proficiency administering LAN/WAN IP networks.
- Proficiency administering Windows systems.
- Experience administering users in active directory and in Office 365
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong understanding of the difference between local and cloud environments
- Experience supporting users Office 365
- Experience with Server 2016 and 2019
- Experience dealing with users and diagnosing remote issues.
- Repair, reform and report on unplanned events that adversely affect the Sirtex environment.
- Participate in the review and continuous improvement of existing IT processes and systems.
- Support the goals of the Sirtex IT strategic direction and policy set out by the Global Information Technology Manager.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Must be eligible to work in the US for any Employer without restriction or expiration
- No third-party candidates will be considered for this role
- Because this position requires on site attendance and no relocation is offered, only applicants currently local to MA or NH will be considered
- This role will require occasional handling of IT equipment, lifting and handling up to 25lbs
Who You'll Be
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferable (4+ years of high-quality experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- 2+ years' experience as a Service Desk Support Analyst, professional help desk support and/or PC Technician
- Excellent communications skills
- MCITP/MCSE or equivalent desirable
What to expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day!