Treasury and Tax Analyst
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 09/22/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
We are a fast growing, highly evolving leader in the medical device industry. And what you’ll be doing matters. We need responsive and reliable professional as our first Treasury and Tax Analyst, reporting to our Director, Global Tax in Woburn, MA. This role is ideal for someone who has great Finance and analytical skills. Someone who is not afraid of raising questions and solutions to help us improve. These qualities will help ensure our Company’s strategic goals are met.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Director, Global Tax, Inge Heinisch, you’ll support the Finance Team on primarily treasury activities. You’ll also be responsible for certain tax compliance and work closely with your manager who has main oversight. These tasks will be mainly US related, but many responsibilities involve close collaboration with the global Finance Team.
In this growing role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting with working capital management, including but not limited to:
- Rolling cash flow forecast.
- Monitor of global Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and working/strategizing with Regional Finance Directors to identify issues and solve them. The goal is always to reduce past due receivables and improve DSO. This helps us all!
- Understand the bank covenant and be able to calculate and forecast.
- Provide analytical support for the development of cash strategies.
- Global Insurance Management. This includes annual renewal, period monitoring and update to make sure we provide adequate coverage globally.
- Applying proper internal control of cash assets and always be responsive to audit inquiries; correspond with banks to initiate or clarify adjustments too.
- Keeping track of US State and Federal tax payments and communicate with tax authorities.
- Supporting the Team with various tax compliance duties.
- Meeting with various internal and external parties regarding tax and treasury activities; including educating, problem solving or general relationship building.
- Other things may be asked of you as we continue to evolve and grow the business.
Who You’ll Be
- Smart with heart.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Taxation is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant Finance experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Positive attitude and intent, with a clear focus on accuracy, thoroughness and follow thru. This ensures that the information we provide can be used confidently to make other business decisions.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and the ability and awareness to escalate issues are very important.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills is required because our culture matters to us.
- Hands-on and a Team player.
- Comfortable in a small company environment and one that’s growing too
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers globally located.
- Sense of Humor; we take our patients and our science very seriously. But we prefer to work with people who don’t take themselves to seriously.
- Able to work a flexible but hybrid work model with 3 in office days per week.
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Attending required training.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.