Accounts Receivable Associate
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 10/26/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Accounts Receivable Associate to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
This position will report to the Assistant Controller who enthusiastically supports professional growth. The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for:
This is an on-site position based in the Woburn MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
In this role, you'll:
- Ensure timely payment of customer accounts through various activities:
- Contact customers verbally or through written communications and document those interactions.
- Provide customers with documentation such as invoices, monthly statements, purchase orders and proof of delivery.
- Keep the sales organization informed of Accounts Receivable performance by region through providing reports and leading monthly status meetings to accelerate cash collection.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer service, Supply Chain and other departments, as needed, to resolve discrepancies, short and slow payments.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to optimize cash collection.
- Reconcile accounts and record journal entries pertaining to Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with half year and year-end audit requirements
- Support other finance requirements, as needed, such as acting as backup to cash receipt postings.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex policies.
- Work within and in assurance to Quality Systems procedures, work instructions and other Quality Systems Requirements.
- Other projects and duties as needed.
Who You’ll Be
Associate degree is required in finance or accounting. The following skills and traits are needed:
- 5+ years of experience at collecting Accounts Receivable in any industry
- Knowledge of billing and collection procedures
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest. Sense of humor is always welcome.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented and problem solver.
- Self-starter and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.