Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posted Date: 11/02/2022
If you’re looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you, we invite you to apply. Join us as our Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer in our Wilmington, MA office.
This is an on-site position based in the Wilmington, MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
Who we are…
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek a Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute…
We are a fast growing, highly evolving leader in the medical device industry. And what you’ll be doing really matters. We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer. This role supports all aspects of manufacturing of radioactive medical devices at Sirtex Wilmington, LLC.
- Performing creation, dispensing, sterilization, packaging and shipping tasks for the company’s products.
- Selecting, creating and issuing proper production documentation including batch records, product labels and work orders.
- Safely handling radioactive materials, waste and product per company training procedures and policies.
- Conducting audits of material, process and personnel for adherence to company requirements and standards.
- Provide training, schedule and work with contractors.
- Work on Quality Notification investigations, resolutions and reports.
- Specify, identify and qualify new equipment or processes within the manufacturing system.
- Suggest and execute changes to the manufacturing operations system in order to continuously improve the system and its ability to meet customer requirements.
- Support the Plant Manager in all aspects of the manufacturing and operations program at Sirtex Wilmington, LLC.
- Identify and troubleshoot manufacturing process and/or equipment problems, suggest solutions, implement corrective/preventive actions and provide training, if necessary.
- Identify new technology or processes to increase efficiency and/or improve manufacturing processes.
- Conduct IQ/OQ/PQ for a variety of equipment and processes.
- Design, manufacture, test, implement and document fixtures that will aid in the manufacture of SIR-Spheres.
- Work with cross functional teams to complete projects through out the company.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety, and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
Your qualifications will be…
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required as well as a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science is required.
- Prior experience working in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry is needed.
- Radiation, SAP, Solidworks, and RSLogix 500 training a plus.
- Prior experience working with radioactive materials a plus.
- Familiarity with the use of ion chambers, survey meters and scintillators.
- Familiarity with the use of automated equipment, controllers, and networks.
- Familiarity with robot point movement systems, electrical circuitry, and electromechanical systems.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
What you can expect from us…
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of employment…
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) belief...
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.