This job is no longer accepting applications.
Regional Sales Manager -Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
Posted Date: 01/12/2023
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business working to improve outcomes in people with cancer with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing; dynamic organization and we hope you’ll join us. As our sales force expands, we have an immediate need for an experienced Regional Sales Manager in the Boston area.
What You’ll Do
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the main interface between Sirtex and its customers. The RSM’s primary function is to help Sirtex achieve its sales objectives by prospecting and initiating new accounts and servicing existing accounts. The RSM is responsible for all aspects of account management, including but not limited to: supply chain, receivables, training, problem solving, and assisting the account on any and all needs. The RSM has ultimate account responsibility as well as the responsibility to meet a pre-determined sales quota. This position also helps Sirtex achieve its regulatory requirements by conveying customer needs and requirements and reporting any incidents or product complaints.
Territory: Metro Boston
Desired Location of Candidate: North or West of Boston
- Developing and implementing account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in sales within assigned territory presentations and training to educate health care professionals.
- Deliver selling presentations – including on site product demonstrations to physicians and other health care professionals.
- Develop an understanding of the market unique to assigned territory.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment.
- Continuously educate oneself on the newest and most relevant clinical articles that impact Sirtex.
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital that are key to Sirtex.
- Cultivate and develop key relationships with Health Care Providers (HCP’s) that manage patient candidates.
- Manage and exceed or reach the set business targets within assigned territory.
- Develop, execute, and oversee strategies and plans to achieve the set business targets.
- Ensures compliance with AdvaMed.
- Execute business meetings with HCP’s.
- Create and maintain accurate records and sales reports.
- Other duties as needed to help the Team.
Who You’ll Be
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in medical device sales selling a complex medical device or therapy required.
- Previous experience with practice and program development as well as working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of health care professionals including the ability to articulate a clinical sales message.
- Proven track record of sales success including recognition awards and/or increased responsibility required.
- Previous relationships with Interventional Radiologists (IR) a plus.
- Business development skills with the ability to generate referrals from Oncology team members of patients in need of this procedure.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers geographically located within the assigned territory.
- Willingness to cover medical procedure(s) as needed.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization, time management and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and virtual engagement skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Current valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Resides in and be able to travel within the territory for which you are assigned.
- Travel 50 – 65% which can include weekends/holidays as needed.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Compensation and Benefits
Your total compensation will include Base Salary (commensurate with experience), Car Allowance, Commission, Benefits, and Profit Sharing.
We’re committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure. Employee benefits reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.