Location: Wilmington, MA
Posted Date: 12/09/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experience Production Technician to help us with our growth.
Our facility in Wilmington, MA is responsible for the manufacturing of time sensitive high-energy beta radiation to support the treatment of inoperable liver tumors. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated, team player, with a passion for making a difference to join our diverse team.
- 40 hours per week, 5 days per week. Saturday/Sunday work hours are required
- This position is a rotating schedule. You will work sat and sun one weekend then the next weekend you will have sat/sun off. On the off weekend you will be required for runs on mon/tues and sometimes wed. Production runs start at 4 or 5am to ship at 1pm. Usually a technician does 3-5 runs per week.
- 3 workdays - start time is generally 4 or 5 a.m. to achieve a 1 p.m. ship time.
- 2 workdays - start times are flexible and managed within team/supervisor
- Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, hours, or overtime based on business/patient need.
What You’ll Do
This position will report to the Production Supervisor who enthusiastically supports professional growth.
In this role, you'll:
- Perform standard operating procedures to meet ISO 13485 compliance requirements and provides signature to confirm completion.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the processing & packaging of radiation treatment product. This may include use of remote handling devices, manual and automatic inspection, labeling, preparing packaging, kitting, component receipt and verification and scheduled area sanitization.
- Handle raw materials, chemical compound ingredients and finished products.
- Mix chemical compound ingredients for further processing.
- Perform general maintenance as required on various manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure consistent, safe (including radiological safety) and efficient production activities.
- Ensure timely completion of required tasks in order to achieve delivery timeframe.
- Responsible for careful monitoring and disposal of all solid and liquid trash.
- Completes order entries using SAP.
- Adheres to all quality guidelines.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex policies.
- Work within and in assurance to Quality Systems procedures, work instructions and other Quality Systems Requirements.
- Other projects and duties as needed.
Who You’ll Be
Undergraduate college degree is required and within a scientific discipline is preferred but not required. The following skills and traits are needed:
- High School diploma, GED or 0-2 years of work experience.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of working independently in a clean room environment and with the demands of production timelines and commitments.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to apply basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area.
- Ability to work within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Basic computer skills, good time management, communication and organization skills
- 0-2 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a medical device/pharmaceutical environment.
- 0-2 years clean room experience.
- 0-2 years of ISO 13485 and/or cGMP experience.
- Experience in Radiation Safety.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest. Sense of humor is always welcome.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.