Senior Market Access Manager- Brazil (Remote)
Region: Latin America
Posted Date: 01/12/2023
Who We Are:
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
This is a 100% remote position that requires 10-20% travel. Must be located in Brazil. Please apply with your resumes in English.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Market Access Manager Brazil is responsible for both tactical and strategic Health Economics, Reimbursement and Market Access delivery of in-market (currently SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres) and pipeline Sirtex products primarily in Brazil, however with an expectation to support wider HEPRA team initiatives as required. The Senior Market Access Manager Brazil will report to the Executive Vice President Global Health Economics, Pricing, Reimbursement & Market Access.
The Senior Market Access Manager Brazil will define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy for the Brazilian market. There is a clear expectation of engaging with and ensuring successful negotiations with local/regional and national payors and payor organisations across Brazil. This role also requires the development and implementation of required materials and content to achieve optimal market access and reimbursement for the Sirtex portfolio in Brazil. There may also be the need to support other reimbursement/funding activities outside Brazil within the LatAm region.
This is a highly accountable and prominent position in Sirtex which requires engagement, partnership and interaction with colleagues at all levels throughout the Sirtex matrix organisation. Of paramount importance to success in the role is close partnership working with cross-functional team colleagues at both regional and country level. The candidate should be extremely proactive and highly willing to engage both internally and externally and lead regarding providing successful market access solutions and developing Sirtex’s profile amongst oncology stakeholders of all types. The role demands strong project management experience and confidence in shaping, recommending and implementing strategy and initiatives for Brazil Sirtex’s matrix teams.
The candidate is responsible for conducting their activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities. The obligation encompasses the following:
- Takes personal responsibility for and demonstrates a high level of understanding of and adherence to the applicable internal policies, including but not limited to our Code of Ethics.
- Adheres to business conduct and other policies applicable to the role, and external laws and regulations governing activities.
- Exhibits high business ethics standard in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with others honestly and openly, showing accountability, being reliable and trustworthy and being loyal to the company.
- Completes all required compliance and ethics related training within required timelines.
- Encourages a high level of understanding of and adherence to compliance and ethics amongst colleagues and third parties.
- Fully co-operates in any internal and external audits, investigations and inspections.
Secure funding for in-market and pipeline Sirtex products across Brazil at both national and sub-national levels. Support local teams in reimbursement/funding discussions by liaising closely with prioritized funding bodies and hospital controlling departments to understand and overcome funding hurdles at account level.
- Define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy and tactics for Sirtex portfolio in Brazil, taking into account market insights, dynamics and further factors over the short, medium and long term.
- Ensure strong alignment between regional business plans and reimbursement and market access activities.
- Leverage the information contained within all Sirtex data sources as well as secondary research to synthesize compelling value arguments specifically to the Brazilian market.
- Maintain a deep knowledge and mapping of the Brazilian payor environment, stakeholders and processes for both current and future Sirtex product lifecycles.
- Maintain knowledge around Sirtex competitor payor messaging and strategy.
- Identify, design and utilize as required supporting materials to optimize funding negotiations across Brazil.
- Provide input into the European/ International reimbursement strategy securing Brazil’s needs.
- Identify and proactively communicate internally of actionable data gap development
- Develop and maintain effective networks with payor stakeholders.
- Listens, collects, and communicates actionable insights in a systematic way from key (payor) stakeholders, decision makers, competitors, and market trends to shape the value proposition and access strategy for Brazil.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders at local, regional and if required global level.
- Ensure strong alignment between Reimbursement & Market Access and R&D on current and future evidence generation.
- Effectively champion the payer value agenda with internal stakeholders.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system requirements.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the scientific data that underpins the clinical benefits of Sirtex products and comparator treatments.
- Develop reference knowledge of related health economic and clinical literature; seek to understand changing customer requirements and the implications of these to support market access throughout the life cycle in key markets.
- Maintain and deepen a sound understanding of relevant Reimbursement & Market Access criteria and the likely payer perception of the product value proposition for Sirtex products in new indications in Brazil.
Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external):
- Provide input into the EMEA/ International reimbursement strategy securing Brazilian needs.
- Proactively contribute to HEPRA and wider company meetings/requests.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the internal multidisciplinary regional colleagues.
- Work with regional and global marketing colleagues and selected clinical KOLs and payers in strategic advisory activities as required.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments, to support global and regional activities and to maintain relationships and dialogue opportunities with external stakeholders.
- Become recognized as a go to source across Sirtex for market access and policy issues influencing the Brazilian environment, supporting development of colleagues and wider teams.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Who You’ll Be
- Life science industry background. Professional qualifications in one of the following areas would be desirable but not essential: Economics; Health Economics; Health Policy; Healthcare Management, Pharmacy etc.
- In-depth understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices and pharmaceuticals in Brazil.
- Experience of oncology therapy area desirable but not essential.
- Strong understanding of Health Economic principles and the ability to assimilate and simplify data and concepts effectively that are credible and resonate with payers.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Brazil.
- Well-connected with national and regional payors in Brazil.
- First-hand experience of negotiating for funding on a high level with payors in Brazil.
- Minimum 5-6 years’ Market Access experience in the Brazilian market.
- Strong project management skills, team orientation and own drive.
- Objective/target driven with high level of initiative, drive, and team commitment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with internal/external customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in payer engagement for both in-market and pre-launch assets in Brazil. Commercial insight and acumen with strong industry experience and an ability to identify opportunities, think creatively and effectively develop and deploy solutions.
- Very strong communication and project management skills.
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written).
- Enthusiastic, accountable and an authentic team player.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, tenacious, and diplomatic.
- Resilient and able to remain solution focused in challenging situations.
- A passionate individual who wants to make a difference, both to the company and to patients who benefit from innovative treatments.
- High degree of proactive initiative with a sense of urgency and strong commercial awareness
- A natural networker with the ability to establish and maintain effective and credible working relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style with the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly.
- Strong matrix management skills and leadership ability.
- Confident and articulate contributor.
- Fully embraces and welcomes a healthy feedback culture.
- Committed to deliver high quality results on time.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.
Please submit resume in English.