Key Account Manager – Germany
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Posted Date: 02/08/2023
Who we are...
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Key Account Manager to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute...
As a Key Account Manager, you’ll be empowered to work for the National Sales Manager - DACH who enthusiastically supports professional growth. The Key Account Manager is responsible for:
- Develop an understanding of the unique market and implement account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in sales within assigned territory.
- Deliver selling presentations promoting Sirtex Products – including on site product demonstrations- to targeted physician groups and other health care professionals (interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine practitioners, oncologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons).
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital and surrounding referral area that are key elements to Sirtex’s success.
- Organise peer-to-peer educational meetings and trainings to educate-influence multidisciplinary health care professionals to use the product.
- Positively influence clinicians, key opinion leaders/influencers and other multidisciplinary stakeholders to generate or increase product awareness, uptake and use.
- Understand, interpret and promote relevant clinical data to support the uptake and use of the product amongst multidisciplinary hospital specialists.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment.
- Participation in national and international congresses and organization of local medical educational events.
- Support and assist, where appropriate, third-party business partners engaged in clinical trial or other programs.
- Have a clear understanding of health/product reimbursement related to Sirtex.
- Understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices/pharmaceuticals in Germany.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Your qualifications will be...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (Pharmacology, Nursing, Business Administration, other related).
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the medical sales field in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices industries; of which at least 2 years have been exclusively in a specialised hospital environment targeting consultants.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in medical processes in oncology, gastroenterology or hepatology are essential.
- Good existing relationships with GI oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, liver surgeons, Nuclear Medicines, and / or Interventional Radiologists would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Germany at the hospital level.
- Experience of strategic selling with high value products.
- Experience of key opinion leader development.
- Demonstrate consistent sales success over time.
- Good communication skills and a straight service-, success- and sales-oriented mentality with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Native speaker of German language.
- Advanced level of English language (written and spoken).
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory of scope.
- Full driving license.
- Complete the Sirtex Medical sales training program.
- Sirtex internal processes.
- Attend other training programs as requested.