Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posted Date: 02/09/2023
If you’re looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you, we invite you to apply. Join us as our Quality Assurance Technician, in our Wilmington, MA location.
Who we are…
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute…
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you’ll be empowered to work for the Director of Quality Assurance who enthusiastically supports professional growth. You will be responsible for:
· Support Wilmington manufacturing by performing duties such as incoming, in-process and final inspections, DHR completion, product release, etc.
· Authorize release of material, subassembly and product.
· Prevent release of suspect or known nonconforming product and materials.
· Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with Quality System requirements, work instructions, and regulatory requirements.
· Follow detailed process steps without deviation.
· Organize reports, files, and results in a professional proficient manner.
· Conduct training to Quality Systems processes as defined within the Sirtex learning management system.
· Undergo formal training events as directed by your manager.
· Adhere to practices designed to protect both employees and product, including
suitable gowning and clean room practices.
· Work with radioactive material and ensure / promote security, with the knowledge that all equipment, processes, and systems designed for the facility have been done so to guarantee a safe and productive environment.
· Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
· Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Your qualifications will be…
· High School degree
· Fluent in English (read, write, and speak)
· Ability to be learn and successfully execute tasks such as visual inspection and testing utilizing basic laboratory equipment.
· Previous experience handling chemicals and using basic chemical laboratory equipment preferred but not required.
· Previous experience working in a medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry preferred but not required.
· Personable, energetic, responsive, confident, and honest. Sense of humor is always welcome.
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Self-starter and the ability to work as part of a team.
· Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels.
· Strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive, flexible individual with high integrity and ethics in all dealings.
· Eager to learn, enthused by the day and resilient with a sense of humor.
· Basic office computer skills (email, word processing, and spreadsheet software).
What you can expect from us…
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
· Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
· A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
· Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
· A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
· Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) belief...
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.