This job is no longer accepting applications.
Area Oncology Manager- OH or MI or IN or KY
Location: Cincinnati or Cleveland OH
Posted Date: 02/21/2023
If you’re looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you, we invite you to apply. Join us as our Area Oncology Manager, Cincinnati, OH.
Ideal Candidate Location: Cincinnati or Cleveland OH and we’d consider candidates in any of the Territory states.
Territory: OH, MI, IN, KY, WV, TN, and Pittsburgh PA
Who we are…
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek an experience Area Oncology Manager to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute…
As an Area Oncology Manager (AOM), you’ll be empowered to work for the Area Sales Director (ASD) who enthusiastically supports professional growth. You’ll collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to focus on developing and implementing area strategies and tactics aligned with the larger Americas Strategic Plan. The focus is on market development in the field of oncology, product positioning, market penetration, oncology training, education of oncology physicians and health care practitioners and driving patient referrals for SIR Spheres.
The AOM is a strategic position concentrating, primarily on Key Accounts and Area Key Opinion Leaders to help drive penetration of SIR-Spheres® microspheres. In this role, you’ll:
- Work directly with Area Sales Director (ASD) and Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to develop and execute Area Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Key Account plans to drive additional patient referrals for SIR Spheres
- Work directly with sales and marketing to execute strategies to develop the oncology marketplace in a pre-defined area.
- Execute the area strategy for Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists & Radiation Oncologist initiatives and establishing talk tracks as they evolve
- Provide clinical and technical support to all kinds of Clinicians and other staff during procedures related to our flagship product, SIR-Spheres microspheres.
- Develop plan for and execute key programs and strategies to educate oncologists, increase awareness of SIR-Spheres microspheres and impact referral patterns.
- Coordinate all Sirtex Speaker training as well as identify & develop new Speakers as appropriate.
- Develop and execute quarterly goals that are set and agreed upon by the ASD and Executive Vice President of Sales.
- Coordinate Oncology training at SIR Spheres “Centers of Excellence” accounts as appropriate for geography.
- Understand and report on key developments in Liver Directed Therapy (LDT) space that may impact referral patterns and the overall business.
- Actively manage pre-determined budget in conjunction with the ASD
- Participate and help to shape the America’s training as it pertains to oncology.
- Develop appropriate sales development activities plan.
- Understand all current relevant clinical data and helps to educate the sales team as well as physicians.
The following skills, experience and traits are needed…
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management or related field.
- Minimum 7+ years within Medical Devices.
- Oncology background desired. Combination medical device and pharma experience a plus.
- Previous relationships with Interventional Radiologists preferred.
- Business development skills with the ability to generate referrals from Oncology team members of patients in need of this procedure.
- Consistent Top Performer!
- Current valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers geographically located within the assigned territory.
- Ability to articulate a clinical sales message with Healthcare Providers
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident, and honest. Sense of humor is always welcome.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive, flexible individual with high integrity and ethics in all dealings.
- Eager to learn, enthused by the day and resilient with a sense of humor.
- Basic office computer skills (email, word processing, and spreadsheet software).
What you can expect from us…
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) belief...
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Compensation and benefits we offer…
Your total compensation will include Base Salary (commensurate with experience), Car Allowance, Commission, Benefits, and Profit Sharing.
We’re committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure. Employee benefits reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Be part of our amazing Great Lakes Sales Team at a Company that’s helping to save lives, every day.