Location: Woburn, MA (Hybrid)
Posted Date: 02/23/2023
If you’re looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you, we invite you to apply. Join us as our Senior Accountant in our Woburn, MA office (Hybrid).
Who we are…
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Senior Accountant to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute…
Participates in all areas relating to month end closing and financial reporting, to drive reliable financial information for decision-making, in compliance with accounting policies and principles. The Senior Accountant will work closely with all finance staff and will act as a subject matter expert.
- Key contributor to the month-end close process:
- Prepare, review, and execute journal entries including but not limited to accruals, management fees, recharges, transfer pricing, calculation of sales commissions and T&E.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary ledgers accurately and timely and documented in the workbooks accordingly.
- Perform necessary variance and other accounting analysis to identify and resolve any discrepancies or gaps.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to obtain information to support reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Escalate issues as required to ensure reliable financial information and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform Revenue, Expense, COGS and Balance Sheet analysis to measure performance vs budget and prior year.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and reconciling cash accounts.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Compiles data for annual Physician Sunshine Act and Sales & Use Tax Reporting and other reports for management.
- Participate in completion of audits (i.e., year-end, sales tax, internal) and communicate with external parties as required.
- Participate in post-acquisition integration as required.
- Drive process improvements in all activities to provide timely and reliable information for decision-making.
The following skills, experience and traits are needed…
- BS in Accounting,
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position; experience in a medium or large sized multinational company preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Prior experience in a medical device/pharma/biotech environment an asset
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with pivot tables and charts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highest regard for confidentiality. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
What you can expect from us…
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of employment…
- There is an expectation of study related travel for this role, within the country of residence and abroad. The percentage of travel will fluctuate according to the business need – it will be no more than 30% at the highest level of need but likely to be 10-15% on a regular basis.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) belief...
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.