Accounts Receivable Associate
Location: Woburn, MA (Hybrid)
Posted Date: 02/23/2023
If you’re looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you, we invite you to apply. Join us as our Accounts Receivable Associate in our Woburn, MA office (Hybrid).
Who we are…
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast-growing dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Accounts Receivable Associate to help us with our growth.
At Sirtex, we’re transforming our industry through our leadership with interventional oncology and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. We offer stimulating careers and development, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We will always foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to improve the quality and longevity of patients’ lives by providing innovative interventional oncology solutions.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
How you will contribute…
This position will report to the Assistant Controller who enthusiastically supports professional growth. The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for:
- Ensure timely payment of customer accounts through various activities:
- Contact customers verbally or through written communications and document those interactions.
- Provide customers with documentation such as invoices, monthly statements, purchase orders and proof of delivery.
- Keep the sales organization informed of Accounts Receivable performance by region through providing reports and leading monthly status meetings to accelerate cash collection.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer service, Supply Chain and other departments, as needed, to resolve discrepancies, short and slow payments.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to optimize cash collection.
- Reconcile accounts and record journal entries pertaining to Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with half year and year-end audit requirements
- Support other finance requirements, as needed, such as acting as backup to cash receipt postings.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex policies.
- Work within and in assurance to Quality Systems procedures, work instructions and other Quality Systems Requirements.
- Other projects and duties as needed.
The following skills, experience and traits are needed…
Associate degree is required in finance or accounting. The following skills and traits are needed:
- 5+ years of experience at collecting Accounts Receivable in any industry
- Knowledge of billing and collection procedures
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest. Sense of humor is always welcome.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented and problem solver.
- Self-starter and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Conditions of employment…
- There is an expectation of study related travel for this role, within the country of residence and abroad. The percentage of travel will fluctuate according to the business need – it will be no more than 30% at the highest level of need but likely to be 10-15% on a regular basis.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) belief...
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will provide reasonable accommodation(s) for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.