Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 09/14/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a fast-growing, dynamic global healthcare company with offices in Boston, Germany, Singapore, and Sydney, each aligned and working to improve patient outcomes in people living with cancer. Our current lead product utilizes a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. To date, patients with liver cancer across more than 1,300 medical centers in over fifty countries have collectively received over 100,000 doses of SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. Our Finance team is growing and we’re hiring a new Manager, FP&A. This position is located in our Woburn MA corporate headquarters.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance, the Manager, FP&A overseas all FP&A and Treasury responsibilities. The role requires a highly motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented candidate with a consistent track record of growing relationships across functions and levels, allowing for the chance to engage with various stakeholders on a regular basis. This is a highly visible and hands-on finance role. The successful candidate must enjoy working with large amounts of data and thrive on change, solving new problems, and rapidly breaking new ground on business models.
Accountabilities would include many components, much of which are captured below. You will:
- Lead the global financial planning and forecasting activities with business partners to achieve business and company goals.
- Owns the annual budget and forecasting process for all functional areas including relevant analysis and documentation of major variances.
- Review the existing budget process, identify areas for improvement and implement an effective budget process, this also includes assisting in the selection and implementation of a reporting and planning
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for senior leadership team and shareholders providing business context on variances to Plan and Prior Year.
- Coordinate rolling 12-month cash flow forecast and monthly AR, DSO/DPO analyses with regional finance teams.
- Develop and deliver in depth financial performance reporting, planning, and forecasting to relevant stakeholders ensuring alignment with business
- Identify opportunities and help realize efficiencies as part of continuous improvement.
- Provide support on ad hoc financial analyses, including cost initiatives, business-cases and scenario analyses.
- Lead project-based activities on financial business strategies as
- Manage bank account and portal administration.
- Collaborate with shareholders on financing relating activities including reporting requirements related to loans and principal/interest payments.
- Other duties may come your way to challenge and motivate you too!
Who You’ll Be
To be successful in this role, we’ll require that you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business is required with 10+ years in a progressive finance role. MBA preferred.
- Experience in a global finance team working with different geographies. Adaptive, willing, and able to work with different time zones to get the work completed.
- Previous experience within a company that manufactures either a technical or life science product required.
- Solid experience with financial planning and analysis and managing treasury function with key focus on bank financing.
- Ability to understand multiple business dimensions and draw inferences by connecting various inputs.
- Strong business and finance partner experience; experienced in working with and managing deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and follow-through and demonstrating flexibility to dice into details as well as think big picture.
- Results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers located in multiple geographies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines.
- Solid verbal, written, communication and presentation
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes to comply to systems, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborative, team player, ability to pivot to project demands, prioritize and multi-task.
- A sense of humor. We take our science seriously, just not ourselves.
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to a comprehensive total employee compensation Program that reflects progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our Program includes an award winning and extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged periods, possible radiation exposure.
- Willingness to:
- Participate in all relevant formal training events.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions, and other quality systems.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to health, safety, and environmental management system procedures, instructions, and other necessary factors.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.